Thursday, August 27, 2009

Major Project

Finally, our major project is falling into place and we have only a few minor touchups to do and to go live.

I think, we've been very lucky. Firstly, we have a Japanese exchange student in our group and secondly, for every project since year 1. No matter how late we start on it, we will still be able to produce something of top quality on time.

I think this project is very good and that as long as we deploy live, A is a given.

We could have been relaxing now if we didn't spend the first few weeks of MP doing nothing and playing counterstrike everyday.

Luckily, our Japanese exchange team member - 永井 誠さん (Nagai Makoto-san) has helped us alot to get our web application working. It's amazing, in the whole team, everyone is using and learning this new language but he managed to grasp it faster and better than us all.

Plus, the way he codes is really amazing, it's simple yet complex but once you understand it. You will realise why Japan is such a economic powerhouse.

I'm just glad that this will all be over soon and in 7 weeks, I'll be flying off to 熊本 (Kumamoto) for 6 months and be ready for graduation. Somehow, it still feels like yesterday that I was choosing what course to enter.

Most of the time, I feel like I'm in the wrong course but this course has made me learnt alot about myself and given me many opportunities. Today, our group had lunch with our MP supervisor and Course Manager as the CM wants to talk to the 誠さん before he leaves for Finland on monday.

Hearing the CM talk about his experience in Japan, makes me really wonder what the future holds for me and how will I carve it out. Maybe it's time for us to put down what we're doing and think about what we really want and go for it?

Because we're here

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home