Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Ghostly Encounter #1

I've been reading up on some ghostly stories on the internet recently, reading accounts on forums as well as watchin videos.

These made me recall my own account and I feel like sharing it here.

Alot of people say that when we are young, we can all see and feel it but as life goes on, we get distracted and lost the concentration to feel them anymore. As I grew older, I became more skeptical of these kind of stuffs, til the point I don't really believe anymore but all the encounters would always bring me back down to earth that we are not alone.

Last semester, we had a class chalet Costa Sands and we decided to go into Mangrove Swamp to explore. First night we went, we didn't have any torch and we met another malay group of 10++ and they asked why we didn't go in, we said it was too dark and we didn't have lights, they told us there were lights inside.

They were fricken liars, second night we went in with torches, it was so dark you can't see 5m ahead of you.

When we went in, we entered the side of the infamous swamp tower. It fricking dark, I was with Henry at the front, when I saw the tower, a cold chill went down my spines, I never told anyone this, but the reason I stopped down there was because I felt something, it took me alot to muster up courage to walk on.

Inside wasn't too bad, it felt like normal just that the extreme dark settings can and will set the mind wandering. We took a wrong turn and came out the main road and took a break before going back in.

Just before we reached the midpoint of the second part, the boardwalk had this tree popping up no where and we had to walk around it sort of like. This was the most eerie part, I could have sworn I heard 2 distant screams of a female. The first was faint but the second was really clear, it couldn't have been monkeys, it sounded more human.

After walking about 20m ahead, all of us got shocked, we saw lights in the middle of the boardwalk, and there were people. At first I told they were fishing, then as we approached, I saw that they had some kind of stuffs laid on the ground, I didn't think too much and actually believed they were selling some kind of stuffs.

There was a malay and 3 chinese, the last person of that group was a grandma, the malay was a bomoh on the ground, think he was doing some rituals. But as we walked past, I felt the grandma looking at us and it felt very uneasy.

Our accounts later on tally except for WQ who said he saw only 3 people and their faces were all blurry except for the bomoh who was the most human-like.

The rest all agreed that the 3 other people other than the bomoh were in simple urban clothings with malay's tudong around their face but not worn properly. The bomoh was in traditional malay clothing.

As we left that place, our surroundings became very cold and there was no more sounds of nature.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jai said...

haha wat about the part where i was making those frogs sounds...i still rmb the swamp thing...2 guys and 2 girls..1 ahma wearing those sleevless night gowns...the other girl was wearing jeans and t-shirt..then the the guy next to the girl was similary dressed..and next to him was another guy sitting down...he was wearing a straw hat and had a red plate in front of him..there were few things in the plate but what i rmb is that there were MARBLES in the plate...of all things marbles....as we were walking past i rmb hearing one of them saying this way this way....

September 24, 2008 at 4:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home